Ready to Build Something Great? See our open positions.
We are a fast paced, growing, and cutting edge business design group. We merge strategic business development with product design, digital design, and marketing for clients and our own internal projects and technologies. We think creatively, always blending fresh and innovative design with long term business strategy, to deliver the best for both our concepts, and those of our clients. We work hard and play hard. Some days we are here late because we are on a roll, other days we’re celebrating the newest concept we finished with martinis at lunch. We have started businesses from the ground up, highlighting their unique offerings and showcasing them through a combination of design and business. Our loyal clients range from hot new starts-ups to Fortune 500 companies who depend on our impactful results and innovations we’ve built our reputation on delivering without fail.
As a critical member of our team, you will be responsible for general project management activities, including project scheduling, project planning, managing cross-disciplinary teams, and communicating with clients. You must be able to walk into FACTOR 10 and quickly adapt to our fast-paced style while learning the ins-and-outs of our ongoing product design projects, large-scale digital development projects, major branding & identity projects, and high-level business analysis and strategy work.
You are a people-person and must work well with different personalities to keep the team on track to meet project deadlines. You will work with a team of business analysts, designers, developers, and engineers to create project scope documents, such as statements of work and functional and technical specifications, in addition to project plans and schedules. As the primary point of contact for clients and liaison to the FACTOR 10 team, you will manage external communications with clients and client expectations while keeping internal timelines and budgets on track.
You are a natural planner and love to organize, but also thrive under pressure and can easily adapt to changing circumstances. You must be passionate about delivering creative, intuitive user experiences while minimizing scope creep and ensuring on-time and on budget project delivery. You must guide projects to completion in FACTOR 10’s rapid-fire environment, think on your feet, and problem-solve on the fly. Strong attention to detail, superior organizational skills, and excellent interpersonal and communication abilities are a must.
- Collaborate with stakeholders including clients, industrial designers, graphic & UX designers, digital developers, engineers, and analysts to create and manage key project scope documents including, but not limited to, Proposals, Statements of Work, Functional and Technical Requirements, Project Plans, and Deliverables
- Organize and manage timelines & deliverables
- Manage budget tracking per project with vendors and contractors
- Manage burn rate and accounts for overages
- Openly communicate with all key personnel on a daily basis to identify and obtain resourcing needs
- Manage client communications & expectations and coordinate internal team meetings & scheduling
- Perform general office management tasks
- Utilize knowledge of agile project management, rapid prototyping, and other production management methodologies
- 5-10 years experience in the design industry or in leadership, management, and client services positions (project or account management). Exceptions may be made in rare circumstances. Prefer 5+ years of experience involving project management covering the following industries:
- Consumer product design
- Digital development – web & mobile
- Strategy & business development
- Branding & Identity
- Ability to rapidly learn new subject matter and direct communications within the team and with clients
- Ability to strategically organize and structure activities and tasks with attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, and communication (verbal and written) skills with the ability to build productive relationships with co-workers, clients and external contacts
- Self-starter who works well with a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary team
- Flexible worker who is comfortable with adjusting plans to meet ever-changing needs
To apply, please send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look at every application but depending on work load we may not be able to get back to you right away.
We are a fast paced, growing, and cutting edge design group. We do everything: product design, digital design, branding, logos, marketing, and strategic business development. We think creatively, merging fresh and innovative design with long term business strategy, to deliver the best for both our concepts, and those of our clients. We work hard and play hard. Some days we are here till midnight (and later!), other days we’re celebrating the newest concept we finished with martinis at lunch. We have started businesses from the ground up, highlighting their unique offerings and showcasing them through a combination of design and business. Our loyal clients range from hot new starts-ups to Fortune 500 companies who depend on our impactful results and innovations we’ve built our reputation on delivering without fail.
We are looking for a talented industrial designer to join our team. You are energetic and creative. You understand that you don’t know everything. Your attention to detail is apparent in your design, that you always finish on time, and your style is fluid such that it works for a variety of concepts or products. You enjoy working collaboratively but are self motivated in your work. You contribute thoughtful and effective ideas, and have strong communication skills. You handle criticism well. You are always willing to help with any project at any time and don’t mind working late when needed. You don’t complain. You want to increase your own functional knowledge and expertise. Most importantly, you want to work for a company that can expand how you think about design, and that’s why you’re interested in joining Factor 10.
- Develop new and adjust existing design concepts, including toys, consumer products, branding, logos, websites, and possibly more
- Think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts
- Use innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time- Demonstrate illustrative skills with sketches, story and concept boards
- Work with a wide range of media and programs including 3D modeling, photography and video
- Present ideas and concepts internally in compelling and effective ways
- Research and compile information in an effective and quick manner as it relates to client or internal projects
- Manage external resources (occasionally)
- Proofread everything
- A burning desire to constantly grow and adapt in the every changing world of design